GATE 2017 Previous Year Question Paper for Civil Engineering
GATE is one of the famous examination for the students of engineering. It conducts all over the India. GATE is conducted every year in India by Indian institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi,Guwahati,kanpur,kharagpur,Madraas and Roorkee.This exam is conducted for undergraduate students of engineering and science of various fields.
Civil Engineering is one of the most famous branch of engineering among students. It is very demanding in government sectors.This is the reason that most of the aspirants choose it for their technical bachelor degree. GATE aspirants must have searched for GATE previous year question papers with solution for civil engineering free pdf. The students can download links for GATE civil question papers and solutions.
GATE 2017 Paper Pattern for Civil Engineering
- Paper Sections — Marks Distribution
- Subject Questions — 70% of the total marks.
- Engineering Mathematic — 15% of the total marks.
- General Aptitude — 15% of the total marks
“GATE exam pattern for civil engineering, GATE exam pattern for mechanical engineering, GATE exam pattern for computer science(cse), GATE exam pattern for ece/eee, GATE pattern, new exam pattern, GATE 2017 question pattern pdf download, GATE 2017 paper pattern, GATE exam question pattern, GATE pattern 2017,GATE pattern change, GATE revised pattern, GATE exam new pattern, Study pattern, Test Pattern .The students often get confused about the pattern of the examination . GATE 2017 Pattern will be Online and almost similar to GATE 2016 pattern. For clearing the doubts of candidates, the GATE 2017 Pattern in details is tabulated below:
GATE 2017 Question Pattern and Marks
- These papers would contain 55 Questions of total 85 Marks.
- 25 questions carrying 1 mark each (sub-total 25 marks) and
- 30 questions carrying 2 marks each (sub-total 60 marks).
The question paper will consist of questions of multiple choice and numerical answer type. For numerical answer questions, choices will not be given. Candidates have to enter the answer (which will be a real number, signed or unsigned, e.g. 25.06, -25.06, 25, -25 etc.) using a virtual keypad. An appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not penalized due to the usual round-off errors.
Negative Marking Scheme
- 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer of 1-mark multiple-choice questions,
- 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer of 2-marks multiple-choice questions,
- For numerical answer type questions there is no negative marking.