GATE 2017 Exam Pattern CSE, GATE Syllabus for CSE free
GATE 2017 examination pattern
In GATE 2017 examination paper, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA). In the examination paper of Computer science , there will be a pattern of marking in exam which is
- The Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks
- The General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks
- The remaining 70% percentage of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper
GATE 2017 would contain questions of two different types in Computer Science Engineering examination.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in paper and sections .These questions are objective type and each will have four answers to choose out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer. In these questions , there will be negative. marking. For 1 mark question , there will be deduction 1/3rd marks and for 2 marks question , there will be deduction of 2/3rd marks.
- Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each paper and sections. For these questions thee will not be any choice to select the answer , so candidates will have to be entered by virtual keypad in real number.There will be no deduction of mark for any wrong answer.
Syllabus of CSE branch in GATE 2017
Syllabus of Computer Science Engineering for GATE 2017 is very vast . Candidates related to Computer Science Engineering branch ,they can download their syllabus for the examination of GATE 2017 directly through the official web site of GATE 2017. But for helping purpose we are giving you the main subjects name by which you will buy books for preparation of GAYE 2017 examination. So you have a look at below
1: Engineering Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
2: Digital Logic
3: Computer Organization and Architecture
4: Programming and Data Structures
6: Theory of Computation
7: Compiler Design
8: Operating System
10: Computer Networks
Candidates have need to prepare for the examination according to the syllabus which will provided to you at the official web portal of GATE 2017. At the official web site of GATE candidates can also download admit card, mock test, previous year question papers, sample paper etc.