GATE 2017 Exam Pattern| Syllabus for Mechanical engineering
There are 22 main branches of GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering.) for which GATE committee are organised the GATE examination at regular basis in every year. It is a all India competition for engineering students who are doing or completed their engineering degree. For helping purpose of candidates we are providing to the candidates examination pattern and syllabus for Mechanical Engineering of GATE 2017. So you must have a look at below
Examination pattern of ME for GATE 2017
In GATE 2017 examination there will be come 65 question carrying 100 marks.Out of which there will be 2 type of questions , first will be Multiple Choice Questions and second will be Numeral type question and both type of questions having different marking which is 1 or 2 marking.
- For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For 2-marks multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- There will not be any negative marking for numerical answer type questions. For numerical questions there will be providing a blank box in which candidates will have to write their answer in real number with help of virtual keyboard.
General Aptitude (GA) Questions
In all papers, GA questions carry a total of 15 marks. The GA section includes 5 questions carrying 1 mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and 5 questions carrying 2 marks each (sub-total 10 marks).
GATE 2017 syllabus for ME
Candidates can be download the full syllabus from the official website of GATE 2017 and it is must fro candidates that they must be preparation for GATE 2017 examination for Mechanical Engineering branch only according to the syllabus.Here we are providing to the candidates of Mechanical engineering syllabus in which we are. giving you main books name and the chapter. name . So candidates have to look at this table which is providing below this para
Section 1: Engineering Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Differential equations
- Complex variables
- Probability and Statistics
- Numerical Methods
Section 2: Applied Mechanics and Design
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Theory of Machines
- Machine Design
Section 3: Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences
- Fluid Mechanics
Section 4: Materials, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Engineering Materials
- Casting, Forming and Joining Processes
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations
- Metrology and Inspection
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Production Planning and Control
- Inventory Control
- Operations Research
For More :