GATE 2017 Exam Pattern / Syllabus for Life Science
Life science is the branch of Biology which deals with the study of micro-organisms in humans, plants and animals. It plays vital roll in health science and medical studies. Range of students who choose Life science for their UG studies is not is lacs but it do have scopes across the world and you may consider to give it a chance for your future.
GATE Conducts examination for Life Science every year. And every year thousand of students comes for appearing the GATE examination. The students should have to study hard to clear the examination.as we know GATE examination is one of the toughest examination of engineering ,the students starts preparing for the GATE from the school time itself.GATE also provide previous year question paper on its website . Students can download them and practice it. GATE has also uploaded the mock test series on its website students can appear them to evaluate themselves. These mock test series can be appear online only.
GATE 2017 syllabus for Life science
- Section H: Chemistry (Compulsory)
- Section I: Biochemistry
- Section J: Botany
- Section K: Microbiology
- Section L: Zoology
GATE has included some topic from the biotechnology and bioinformatics in his syllabus because these topics are related to life science topics. The students can check it from the given respective links from its websites.
GATE XL Exam Pattern 2017
- It conducts examination online as Computer Based Test (CBT)
- General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- There are 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- Chemistry section (Section H) is compulsory. This section contains 15 questions carrying a total of 25 marks: 5 questions carrying 1 mark each and 10 questions carrying 2-marks each . Some questions may be of numerical answer type.
- Each section contains 20 questions carrying a total of 30 marks: 10 questions carrying 1 mark each (sub-total 10 marks) and 10 questions carrying 2 marks each (sub-total 20 marks).
- .Numerical Answer Type Questions: It will consist both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- The negative marking will be there in which for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted .
For More :