GATE 2017 Exam Pattern| Syllabus for civil engineering
GATE 2017 paper Pattern for Civil Engineering
The Percentage occurrence of the question according to the subject wise is different. There will be 65 question co.e which carrying 100 marks in the GATE 2017 examination for civil engineering out of which questions for engineering mathematics will have 13% of total marks weigh, for general aptitude will ha e 15% of total marks weigh and last for subject question , it will have rest 72% of total marks weigh.
Negative marking plays a most important role in the score card. According to each wrong answer there will be deduction of marks from that wrong question. There are come three types of question like 1 marks question, 2 marks question and numerical type question.
- In 1 marks type question , there will have choice to select the right answer out of four given options.In this type of question , for wrong answer , there will be deduction of 1/3 marks form that question.
- In 2 marks type question , there will have choice to select the right answer out of four given options. In this type of questions , for each wrong answer there will be deduction of 2/3 marks from that wrong question.
- In numerical type question , there will no be any deduction of marks because negative marking will not apply in this type of question. A blank box will be available in which candidates will have to write the answer in real numbers with the help of virtual keyboard.
GATE 2017 syllabus for Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering do have various sub branches like architectural engineering, environmental engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, earth science, atmospheric sciences, geo technical engineering, geophysics, geodesy, control engineering, forensic engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, offshore engineering, quantity surveying, coastal engineering, surveying. It deals with designing and maintaining physical and natural environment like roads, bridges, canals and tunnels etc. So candidates can check and download their GATE syllabus civil engineering from our website and also official website of GATE 2017 in the PDF format. You can check here subject names and their important topics which are given below:
- Linear Algebra
- Complex variables
- Probability and Statistics
- Numerical Methods
- Structural Analysis
- Concrete Structures
- Steel Structures
- Soil Mechanics
- Foundation Engineering
Water Resources Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
For More :